A San Diego-based gourmet cookie shop is really sweet on Comic-Con and has just rolled out some new treats inspired by the upcoming comic book and pop culture spectacular.
On July 9 through July 12 – to coincide with San Diego Comic-Con International 2015 (SDCC) happening downtown – The Cravory bakery in Point Loma will offer a special menu of Comic-Con themed cookies.
- The whimsical new creations are based on popular shows, movies and characters, including “Game of Thrones” and “Star Wars,” that fanboys and fangirls will appreciate.
- For instance, the “Dragon Glass” cookie inspired by “Game of Thrones” mixes lemon cake dough with vanilla chips and a vanilla shell. It’s topped with “dragon glass” made of sugar – a reference to the deadly weapon used to kill “White Walkers” in the hit show.
- Then there’s “The Beast,” a treat honoring the iconic X-Men character of the same name, which features blueberry muffin dough with dried blueberries, vanilla chips and shredded coconut.
- Comic-Con: Saturday Events Revealed Also on the Comic-Con cookie menu: “The Oath.” This treat is inspired by the superhero Green Lantern and combines oatmeal dough with pistachio truffles.
- The “Beer Donut” is a tasty nod to the “The Simpsons”: a cookie made with beer dough (yes, you read that right), topped with a vanilla shell and sprinkles. Ay, caramba!
- The “Wonder Woman” cookie pays tribute to the fierce comic book heroine with strawberry dough, a vanilla shell and appropriately colorful star candy on top. Meanwhile, “The Flash” boasts coffee dough mixed with coffee chips for a cookie with a kick.
- Finally, the “Star Wars” themed “Two Sides of the Force” cookie features vanilla cake dough, dried strawberries, roasted almonds, chocolate chips and a vanilla shell topping.
- The Cravory said the cookies feature unexpected, wild flavor combinations that match the fun and excitement of Comic-Con.
- Comic-Con: Sunday Events Revealed Limited quantities of each cookie will be available for $2 a pop during Comic-Con weekend. They can be purchased at the bakery at 3960 W. Point Loma Blvd.
- The gourmet cookie shop specializes in 11 signature flavors – including the Pancakes and Bacon treat and the Rosemary Balsamic cookie – plus six special flavors every month. A few weeks ago, The Cravory tested the creative cookie boundaries once more by offering a cookie made with craft beer for Father’s day dubbed
- Last year, the bakery also offered some
- The unique creations have garnered the shop a cult following among sweet-toothed San Diegans.
- The bakery’s
- will include updates on the Comic-Con cookie lineup throughout the 4-day convention.