Perfect to sweeten your day or bring a new life to any party, these miniature chocolate chip cookies are cute and mouthwateringly delicious. What’s more, they are incredibly straightforward to make.
Honestly, we don’t even want to spend too much time speaking about them. The sooner we get to the recipe, the sooner you will be able to taste the rainbow. So, without further ado, roll up your sleeves and put on your apron.
It’s baking time!
What You’ll Need
First, prepare your workspace and ingredients. For preparing your chocolate chip cookies, you will need:
- A working oven (duh!)
- Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
Also recommended but not required - an oven thermometer, apron, airtight container, and timer.
As for the ingredients, prepare the following:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Butter (it can be dairy-free)
- Salt (you can use salted butter instead)
- Light brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
As for the measurements, these will depend on how many mini cookies you want to make. Our recipe is for around 20-25 servings (depending on how large the cookies are).
Full Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Okay, are you ready? Let’s bake!
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (around 360 grams)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt (don’t add if you use salted butter)
- ¾ cup of butter (softened first)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (around 350 grams)
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- In the mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the butter until half-melted, then whisk it in the bowl and pour it into your electric mixer.
- Add sugar to the butter and mix them together on a medium-speed setting until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together until smooth.
- Turn the mixer to a lower speed and gradually add the flour mixture. Mix until combined. When ready, add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out onto the baking sheet - 1 teaspoon at a time (or ½ teaspoon if you want cookies to be extra small). Form them into balls and press 3 or 4 extra chocolate chips onto the top.
- Throw your cookies into your preheated oven and bake them for 6-7 minutes - until they are lightly browned and still a bit undercooked (they will continue to cook after removing them from the oven, so be careful not to overbake them).
- Let your miniature cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Store Your Miniature Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Nothing can beat the smell and taste of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. However, as tempting as it might be, eating your miniature cookies all at once isn’t the best idea, especially if you’re baking for yourself.
If, however, you want to bring your delicious cookies to a party or just want to keep them for later, you will want to learn how to keep them fresh for longer. For that, you need to store them correctly.
How? Just follow these few simple steps:
- Let your mini cookies cool down completely before storing them. This way, you’ll avoid the moisture ruining your cookies.
- Put your cookies in an airtight container, such as a Tupperware or freezer bag.
- Store your homemade cookies at room temperature - don’t put them in your fridge!
When stored correctly, your cookies should remain fresh for about a week.
If you want to keep them for a party coming in a month or so, you can safely freeze your cookies. Once again, remember to cool them down first before putting them into an airtight container. Then, simply place your mini cookies in the freezer. You can keep them there even up to three months.
Common Questions and Problems
We’ve prepared these miniature chocolate chip cookies more times than we can count. Therefore, we are well aware of the potential problems or questions you may have when baking your delicious miniature cookies.
Here are some of the most common questions and issues our readers and we have faced when preparing their cookies:
Why have my mini cookies turned out flat?
Typically, if your cookies are flat, it means the butter is too soft. It can then cause the dough to spread to much during baking. Our advice is to heat it until it’s half melted and whisk it to give it the right consistency.
How to know my cookies are ready?
Preheating your oven to 350 °F and baking your cookies for 6-7 minutes should be enough to ensure they come out just right. However, not all ovens work the same. As a rule of thumb, if the edges are golden brown and the cookies appear fluffy, it means they are ready.
Can I store leftover dough?
Of course, you can. You don’t need to use the entire dough at once, don’t worry about that. If you want, you can put it in an airtight container and freeze it. Stored that way, it should be okay to use for up to three months.
How to keep my cookies fresh for longer?
As said, to ensure your cookies don’t become stale, you need to store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Before storing them, though, ensure that they are cooled down completely. When stored correctly, your miniature cookies should remain fresh and tasty for a week or two.
And that’s it! As you can see, preparing miniature best chocolate chip cookies is a piece of… cookie.
Be careful, though. Once ready, you might not be able to resist the temptation to eat them all at once. It’s a mistake we’ve made several times, but we just couldn’t help ourselves. These mini cookies are just too good!